The 2009 HMDA data reflect the ongoing difficulties in the housing and mortgage markets that began appearing in 2007. As a user, you will find sharp decreases in originations, regardless of race, ethnicity or income. One of the more notable trends in this data is the growing percentage of government insured loans in communities across the nation. Check out the county-level time series map below to see how the rate of government insured loans has changed from 2004 through 2009. The darkest purple counties on the map represent those counties where more than 41% of the mortgages originated in each year were insured by the government.
- Watch the video for Mapping the Way to Fair Housing and Environmental Justice
- Are Students Included in Census Poverty Rates?
- Maggie McCullough Profiled by Lincoln Institute
- Mapchats – Mapping the Way to Fair Housing and Environmental Justice
- The Latest Demographics, Income and More Now Available on PolicyMap