The 2009 HMDA data reflect the ongoing difficulties in the housing and mortgage markets that began appearing in 2007. As a user, you will find sharp decreases in originations, regardless of race, ethnicity or income. One of the more notable trends in this data is the growing percentage of government insured loans in communities across the nation. Check out the county-level time series map below to see how the rate of government insured loans has changed from 2004 through 2009. The darkest purple counties on the map represent those counties where more than 41% of the mortgages originated in each year were insured by the government.
- “PolicyMap” : New Database » Earth Systems & Geoinformation on PolicyMap Tutorial
- Single mothers = singular troubles | ThinkingOregon on Mapping Single Parent Households
- PolicyMap | Gleeson Library Database Trials on Reflecting on the Legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LouisB on Happy Halloween from PolicyMap!
- Infographic: Poverty Maps and Religion | Aaron Guile on Mapping Single Parent Households