We’ve just added new nursing data to PolicyMap, to help give health providers, researchers, and policymakers a sense of where nurses are located and where they might be needed. The data, from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) has county-level data on advanced practice nurses, with additional indicators for nurse practitioners and nurse midwives. Read more on our Mapchats blog.
- Farmers’ markets locations from the USDA are updated to 2017.
- HIV diagnoses and prevalence from the CDC are updated to 2017.
- Lyme disease cases from the CDC are updated to 2016.
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) locations from HUD are updated to 2015.
- Minimum wage by state from the Department of Labor is updated to 2018.
- Boundaries of upper state legislative districts, lower state legislative districts, and American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian areas (labeled on PolicyMap as “Indian Areas”) from the Census are updated to 2017.
- Recipients of SNAP (commonly known as food stamps) from the Census are updated to 2015.
- Students in poverty by school district from the Census are updated to 2016.
- Certified CDFI locations from the CDFI Fund are updated to October 2017.
- Brownfield locations from the EPA are updated to December 2017.
- Superfund locations from the EPA are updated to December 2017.
- County-to-county migration data from the IRS is updated to 2015.
- Monthly building permits from the Census are updated through September 2017.
- Medically Underserved Areas (MUAs) from HRSA are updated to 1/1/2018.
- Unemployment from the BLS are updated to November 2017.
- Personal and business bankruptcies from the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts is updated to 2017.
New Blog Posts
- Data Primer: Percents Versus Counts
- Concerns Raised about 2020 Census
- Behind the Scenes on How PolicyMap Processes ACS