|Job Title:||Academic Business Development Executive|
|Department:||Business Development and Outreach|
|Reports to:||Vice President, Business Development and Outreach|
|Prepared Date:||December 18, 2017|
About PolicyMap, Inc.
PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables government, commercial, non-profit and academic institutions to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through subscriptions and enterprise access, license the underlying data in our platform and help organizations and companies bring interactive mapping to their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including federal, state and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms spanning real estate, banking and health care. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets. The problem is that getting that information is not simple or efficient. Data and analytics need to be reliable, consistent, and relevant. They need to be readily accessible. And they need to be responsive to the issues public and civic organizations are trying to understand. Changes in technology and the expansion of online mapping applications are creating new opportunities for the public and civic sectors to increase their ability to use and share good data and analytics to inform decisions. As a Benefit Corporation, we care as much about impact as we do our bottom line.
PolicyMap seeks a Business Development Executive to drive PolicyMap’s growth in the academic and university library market. We’ve experienced significant growth over the last 4 years in this market; growing from four annual university customers in 2012 to over 125 in 2017. Continued and accelerated penetration of this market is key to PolicyMap’s growth.
We are seeking a Business Development Executive with experience in selling subscription based software in the university marketplace. The ideal candidate will understand how, why and when universities purchase annual subscriptions and licenses and will have strong experience in creating, nurturing and closing a pipeline in this market. The ideal candidate will close a targeted volume of new academic customers each year, contribute to the messaging related to PolicyMap in the academic space, learn to expertly demonstrate the product through online or in person demos, and efficiently answer potential customer questions with input from other staff in PolicyMap.
- Develop, mature and close territory pipeline with focus on PolicyMap’s strategic goals.
- Track calls, demos and email outreach daily in company’s CRM system in order to track necessary progress on goals and maintain accurate pipeline. Meet sales tracking metrics identified by VP.
- Attend appropriate industry and customer events including ALA, SLA, and other market segment specific conferences and meetings identified by team.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations on behalf of PolicyMap – online and/or in person; understand and clearly articulate PolicyMap’s value proposition.
- Work with VP to identify strategic customers, then ID key stakeholders, and work across the organization to identify, qualify and close strategic opportunities.
- Work with VP and team to capitalize on qualified leads and drive to closure.
- Work with VP and team to develop territory plan, identifying quick wins, and executing on most profitable opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant software, data, web-based services sales experience, preferably in information industry sales, product marketing, and/or B2B communications.
- Demonstrable success in meeting/exceeding sales targets, closing major accounts, and executing on business processes for “development-to-close.”
- Experience with solution sales or vertical integration in our target markets (government, academic, non-profits and corporate including real estate, consulting, media, and banking).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and demonstration skills.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com CRM software.
- Ability to handle many assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Confident, competitive, thorough and tenacious
- Chance to build on the initial success, and exponentially grow an innovative and proven product, in a ripe and expanding market.
- Join a highly talented and engaged team of 17 professionals, who are passionate about the product and its potential.
- Work in a professional environment that emphasizes social mission as well as profit.
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation.
- Flexibility to work remotely, with some time commitment to our Philadelphia office.
Compensation and Benefits:
PolicyMap, Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program.
Please mail or email resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Vice President, Business Development and Outreach
1315 Walnut Street, Suite 1500
Philadelphia, PA 19107
PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.