Chief Growth Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Growth Officer|
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Prepared Date:||October 2022|
ABOUT POLICYMAP, INC
PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables its customers to easily access data about communities and markets across the US. Its user-friendly interface does not require any special technical skills. The tool is used for market intelligence, site selection, impact analysis, product development, and strategic business and community planning.
We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through individual subscriptions and enterprise access; we license the underlying data in the platform to organizations in need of geographic data for their own applications; we create interactive mapping and dashboard tools that can be embedded on other websites, and we provide insight services for customers in need of additional assistance. Launched in 2008 within a non-profit, PolicyMap spun off as an independent for-profit corporation in late 2017. PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including commercial firms spanning health care, banking and real estate; federal, state, and local government agencies; and major universities and non-profit organizations. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
PolicyMap is looking for a Chief Growth Officer (CGO) to become an integral new member of our executive leadership team. This person will lead all new business development, a crucial role for PolicyMap as we look to exponentially grow revenue. The role will include developing new business strategic opportunities and channel relationships, leading, developing and growing a highly skilled and experienced team of business development professionals; identifying, qualifying, and managing opportunity pipelines; managing capture and proposal processes; and maintaining responsibility for all market segments. This person will have the opportunity to shape our business development strategy, our processes to ensure results and contribute to the development of our product offerings to ensure they are the most competitive in the industry. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, proven stellar leadership abilities, a track record of consistently attaining aggressive sales targets and a future-ready, in-depth understanding of the data-centric space in which PolicyMap operates. The CGO will report to PolicyMap’s CEO and will additionally be held accountable to its Board of Directors. The CGO will be responsible for achieving annual targeted new sales goals focused on the sales of our higher priced, most profitable, recurring revenue products.
Since March of 2020, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, PolicyMap staff has worked remotely full time. Our office in Center City Philadelphia remains open for team members who wish to work in the office from time to time. We will continue to offer a dynamic work experience where employees can work from the location of their choosing while being held accountable for achieving goals. We value the collegiality and energy that comes from working together in person and have begun to have in-person meetings in the Philadelphia office on occasion as-needed. We plan to continue to operate in this manner. As a result, this position currently requires occasional commuting to the Philadelphia office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Growth Strategy and Execution:
- Co-design PolicyMap’s vision for growth with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team with a focus on exponentially growing sales of PolicyMap’s higher-priced, most-profitable and renewing products.
- Identify and execute new and more profitable ways to grow business including the development of new pricing models, channel partnerships for data distribution and licensing, and strategic integrations with other commercial products, including BI tools such as Tableau.
- Craft, communicate and execute a sales strategy to execute on this vision that creates demand, generates revenue, hits sales targets and meets profitability goals.
- Ensure Marketing Department activities are in full alignment with vision and designed to grow and nurture qualified leads through to close.
- Assess current and potential markets and develop targeted positioning, branding, or messaging, in coordination with the Marketing department.
- Measure and analyze current revenue streams, offerings, pipeline metrics and relationships to optimize our business growth and revenue strategy.
- Track actual performance against expectations and modify sales or marketing strategies in response.
- Continually inform product development and data development priorities by keeping Senior Leadership abreast of market dynamics, competition, and customer demands.
Business Development Operations:
- Retain ultimate responsibility for all sales operations and directly manage business development team, currently comprised of 3 highly experienced sales executives.
- Develop and direct business development division forecast and budget.
- Hire needed talent or resources to successfully execute on sales strategy.
- Create advancement opportunities within the highly skilled and experienced business development division and ensure compensation packages are competitive and properly motivated to drive sales of higher-priced, most profitable and renewing products.
- Lead, inspire and develop PolicyMap’s business development team.
- Establish territories, sales quotas, and incentive plans for sales personnel.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a diverse, inclusive, solution-focused, high trust culture across the organization.
- Ten years’ commensurate work experience required
- Documented history of attaining or exceeding annual sales targets in previous roles.
- Experience in successfully driving significant growth in a data-centric or SaaS company
- Senior leadership experience in developing and managing a portfolio of profitable, revenue-generating initiatives/efforts.
- Experience creating and successfully executing sales strategies related to data-driven applications
- Ability to demonstrate experience exponentially growing sales in previous roles.
- Experience identifying and creating innovative channel partnerships or integrations that significantly impacted the sales of a data-oriented company
- Substantial experience working with sales strategies related to SaaS and DaaS offerings as well as experience bringing new products to markets, particularly within the Salesforce and Tableau ecosystems.
- Experience working across industries, with particular focus on health care and commercial sectors such as finance and real estate.
- A contemporary understanding of how the market currently demands data.
- Senior leadership experience in motivating highly skilled business development team.
- Senior leadership experience in coordinating across multiple departments
- Strong communication skills – spanning communication with sales executives, to potential customers/partners and Board
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to align and achieve goals.
- Experience preparing and conducting sales presentations.
- Ability to develop and mentor teammates.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Persuasive communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Competitive base salary based on experience and skills
- Incentive compensation plan based on successful achievement of target goals
- Participation in the Employee Stock Equity Program
- Employer-paid health coverage and prescription plan
- Employer-paid vision and dental coverage
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer-paid match
- Up to 31 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick leave), depending on level of experience
- 10 paid federal holidays
- Community Volunteer Time Off
- Paid family leave
- Tax savings plans for transportation, dependent care, and medical expenses
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Programs
Please email resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.