|Data Analyst – Product and Client Solutions
|Product and Client Solutions
|Product and Client Solutions Lead
|Jan 30, 2024
|Philadelphia, PA / Remote
About PolicyMap, Inc.
PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables its customers to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through subscriptions and enterprise access, license the underlying data in our platform and help organizations and companies bring interactive mapping to their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including federal, state, and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms spanning real estate, banking, and health care. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets.
PolicyMap seeks an experienced, collaborative, and highly organized team member who has a strong foundation in working with geographic data related to socio-economic conditions in the United States.
The Data Analyst will provide data and mapping services to PolicyMap clients by interpreting their needs and providing a work product consistent with the expectations of the client and of the Team. The Analyst will be responsible for helping support a growing number of customers who license data from the PolicyMap platform and incorporate that data in their applications or in-house analytics tools to support data-driven decision-making. These customers need support to both understand which PolicyMap data can best address the problems they are working to solve and how PolicyMap geographic data can efficiently be leveraged within their platforms. The Data Analyst will be responsible for helping to ensure the success of these customer engagements.
The Analyst will report to the Product and Client Solutions Lead. In addition to supporting all aspects of the Product and Client Solutions Team, the Data Analyst will also support discrete projects for the Data Development Team, as needed. This may include processing of PolicyMap platform datasets.
The Data Analyst will also be responsible for periodically contributing to PolicyMap’s thought leadership in data and mapping by providing relevant ideas and submissions to our blog and social mediaThis role will also be occasionally involved in testing and QA of various PolicyMap products including our main site as well as major client projects.
Since March of 2020, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, PolicyMap staff has worked remotely fulltime. Our office in Center City Philadelphia remains open for team members who wish to work in the office from time to time. Going forward, our intent is to continue to offer a dynamic work experience where employees can work from the location of their choosing while being held accountable for achieving goals. We value the collegiality and energy that comes from working together in person and aim to have in-person meetings in the Philadelphia office monthly going forward. This position will require occasional commuting to the Philadelphia office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing data licensing opportunities, in consultation with clients, to identify tailored data solutions to solve their business problems
- Extract data, metadata, and documentation using MS SQL Server Management Studio/Azure Data Studio and ArcGIS/QGIS.
- Document data production/extraction process
- Validate all data extracts and deliver data on time to customers
- Participate in Q&A sessions to familiarize customers with their licensed PolicyMap data
- Maintain ongoing and regular communication with customers to ensure success of customer’s implementation and to identify new data needs and upsell opportunities
Product and Client Solutions Team Support
- Procure, process, and document subscriber datasets of varying sizes using MS SQL Server Management Studio/Azure Data Studio, MS Access, and ArcGIS/QGIS
- Communicate with the Tech Team to ensure data appears properly in PolicyMap
- Provide validation and quality assurance of datasets
- Translate technical data descriptions into user-friendly concepts accessible to a lay audience
- Process PolicyMap platform datasets, as needed
- Brainstorm ideas and contribute to PolicyMap’s blog and social media efforts
- Participate in testing beta versions of new products and features
- Provide customer feedback on data and product requests for leadership team assessment
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference for Master’s Degree (or 2 years’ commensurate work experience) in urban planning, public policy, health services research, economics, public health, anthropology, sociology, demography or other related fields
- Two years’ commensurate work experience required (can include internships)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience required with GIS (ArcGIS or QGIS), SQL and/or MS Access, or other relational databases; one or more statistical software programs (SPSS, SAS, R) a plus
- Familiarity with geographic data and federal data, such as U.S. Census, needed to understand current public policy issues
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent technical and compositional writing skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ownership/Accountability – Actively manages work and issues through to completion.
- Customer Service – Understands and manages customer expectations.
- Initiative – Anticipates and communicates challenges and opportunities.
- Commitment – Demonstrates sense of passion and urgency for work, mission and organization.
- Adaptability – Sees opportunity and risk for continuous improvement.
- Efficiency and Productivity – Determines priorities and allocates time and focus accordingly.
- Professional/Technical Expertise – Understands and applies technical/procedural knowledge of the job.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Participation in the Employee Stock Equity Program
- Annual bonus based on company and individual performance
- Employer-paid health coverage and prescription plan
- Employer-paid vision and dental coverage
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer-paid match
- Up to 31 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick leave), depending on the level of experience
- 10 paid federal holidays
- Community Volunteer Time Off
- Family and medical leave
- Tax savings plans for transportation, dependent care, and medical expenses
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Programs
PolicyMap will not sponsor any applicants for an employment visa now or in the future for this position.
Please email resume with salary requirement and research and/or writing sample to: HR@policymap.com. Cover letters are optional.
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.