PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables government, commercial, non-profit and academic institutions to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through subscriptions and enterprise access, license the underlying data in our platform and help organizations and companies bring interactive mapping to their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including federal, state and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms most notably in health care. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets.
PolicyMap seeks an entrepreneurial, collaborative and creative team member who has a strong foundation in creating and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns, as well as supporting all aspects of an organization’s marketing efforts. PolicyMap seeks a Director of Digital and Content Marketing to further drive PolicyMap’s growth.
The Director will report to the CEO while also collaborating and getting consensus from other team members on campaign goals, tactics, design and content. Director will have the capacity to create content as well as manage the creation of content by others, as is deemed necessary. Members of the PolicyMap team work well independently, and take ownership of individual workloads, while leveraging and respecting the strengths of all team members through collaboration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Build and Execute Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Build and implement targeted digital marketing campaigns to include digital ads, such as Google display network ads and LinkedIn ads, published educational content such as articles, blogs or whitepapers, customer stories, webinars, social media engagement, SEO strategy, sales/leads channels such as Capterra and direct emails.
- Gain a deep understanding of sales targets and markets; customer use cases; PolicyMap competition and company goals.
- Create content and manage content creation by others, as determined is necessary.
- Maintain a transparent calendar of actions for the implementation of all campaigns.
- Track and report out to senior team on all marketing and funnel metrics on a regular basis.
- Continually refine campaigns based on data-driven results.
Increase Usage of PolicyMap by News and Media Outlets
- Manage the PolicyMap brand via social media outlets including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Manage social media engagement including creating and implementing engaging content as well as facilitating social media conversations with customers.
General Marketing Support
- Identify industry-specific trade associations and conferences where participation may yield new connections and opportunities in target markets.
- Manage the production of our monthly newsletter and emails to all PolicyMap users.
- Ensure PolicyMap website is aligned with targeted campaigns and overall company goals.
- Edit website content as needed including posting content to the blog, customer stories, and Curriculum Resources.
- Implement overall consistency of design and branding.
- Work with a consultant to restructure existing WordPress infrastructure.
- Track website traffic using Google Analytics or other application and report to senior team on regular basis.
- Coordinate production of webinars as needed for sales team.
- Create and keep up-to-date PolicyMap brochures, both as PDFs and in printed form for tradeshows.
- Order supplies for tradeshows and coordinate delivery logistics with sales team.
- Create and circulate press releases as needed.
- Assist sales with content for their targeted emails.
- Organize logistics for first ever PolicyMap conference.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience using a marketing automation solution, such as Pardot, to manage and analyze targeted campaigns
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with WordPress
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Familiarity with current public policy issues and community development concerns
- Ability to work coordinatively across departments
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to write on a variety of topics to a lay audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Direct experience in blogging and social media
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot is a plus
- Experience working in public relations is a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ownership/Accountability – Actively manages work and issues through to completion.
- Communication – Effectively communicates needs, challenges, and expectations to other staff members.
- Initiative – Anticipates and communicates challenges and opportunities.
- Commitment – Demonstrates sense of passion and urgency for work, mission and organization.
- Adaptability – Sees opportunity and risk for continuous improvement.
- Efficiency and Productivity – Determines priorities and allocates time and focus accordingly.
- Professional/Technical Expertise – Understands and applies technical/procedural knowledge of job.
Compensation and Benefits:
PolicyMap offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, and transportation), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and EAP program.
Please email resume with cover letter, salary requirement and writing sample to:
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.