About PolicyMap, Inc.
PolicyMap is a national online mapping tool and platform that enables government, commercial, non-profit and academic institutions to access data about communities and markets across the US. It is used for research, market studies, business planning, site selection, grant applications and impact analysis. We offer access to the PolicyMap tool through subscriptions and enterprise access, license the underlying data in our platform and help organizations and companies bring interactive mapping to their own websites. Launched in 2008, PolicyMap now has hundreds of customers, including federal, state and local government agencies, major universities, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms spanning real estate, banking and health care. PolicyMap is a Benefit Corporation founded on the belief that data has the power to change communities and markets. The problem is that getting that information is not simple or efficient. Data and analytics need to be reliable, consistent, and relevant. They need to be readily accessible. And they need to be responsive to the issues public and civic organizations are trying to understand. Changes in technology and the expansion of online mapping applications are creating new opportunities for the public and civic sectors to increase their ability to use and share good data and analytics to inform decisions.
We are seeking an Intern to work with our Data and Content Development team. The team has a collaborative approach to work that emphasizes independence and work ownership. The 5-person team is agile, creative, and uses the best tools and approaches at hand for each task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with our Data and Content Development team to evaluate the quality and usefulness of prospective datasets
- Assist in collection, processing, and documentation of datasets
- Communicate with data originators or owners to gain permission or establish licensing for proprietary datasets
- Work with the team to test new site features as well as data and report updates
- Contribute ideas and articles to the PolicyMap blog
- Self-starter, who can work independently within a collaborative team environment
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfort with data and quantitative analysis, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with GIS (ArcGIS), SQL and/or MS Access, or other relational database
Please mail or email resume with cover letter, salary requirement and research and/or writing sample to:
Data Development Lead
1315 Walnut Street, Suite 1500
Philadelphia, PA 19107
PolicyMap, Inc. uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. PolicyMap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PolicyMap does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.