Place matters when it comes to health. Where someone is born and where they live can be the most significant factors in determining their overall level of well-being. PolicyMap has created a new Community Health report to help users understand the health landscapes of their communities. Click here to see a sample report. Read more on our blog.
Data from the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) provides a deep insight into trends in lending from demographics to loan types to government insurance to down payments. Here are a few insights from the latest data.
To help users find the data indicators they need, PolicyMap now has a search bar for data. You now have the choice whether to browse data in our menus, or go straight to what you need by typing it in.
New and Updated Data
- Designated Opportunity Zones from the CDFI Fund, with data from new states as they’re available.
- Hospital and nursing home facility data from HRSA are updated to 2017.
- Home sale data from Boxwood Means is updated to 2016 quarter 4. (Subscriber only)
- Birth and prenatal care data from the CDC are updated to 2016.
- Monthly building permit data from the Census Residential Construction Branch is updated through December 2017.
- Mortgage lending data through HMDA is updated to 2016.
- The Social Needs Index Rankings from New Localism Advisors is newly available. (Subscriber only)
- Monthly unemployment data from the BLS is updated to March 2018.
- Annual unemployment data from the BLS is updated to 2017.
- Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder) data by country of birth from DHS are updated to 2016.
- Sexually transmitted disease data from the CDC is updated to 2016.
- Adult mortality data (including injury and disease related deaths) from the CDC is updated to 2016.
- Infant mortality data from the CDC is updated to 2015. This now includes mortality by race of mother.
- Prime farmland boundaries from the USDA’s Soil Survey Geographic Database(SSURGO) is updated to 2018. (Subscriber only)
- Watershed boundaries from the USDA are updated to October 2017.
- New Markets Tax Credit eligibility data from the CDFI Fund is updated for the 2018 application.