Did you know… (Clearing Cache)
Welcome to our series on helpful tips for PolicyMap. With over 10,000 indicators of data and many features, we hope our series can help users better utilize PolicyMap. For a complete training, please join a free online session here: Click Here
Did you know that clearing your computer’s temporary internet files can speed up your browser and also fix problems you might have using PolicyMap? Taking this simple step can eliminate issues on PolicyMap like maps not loading, not being able to search with the Set Location, or other odd experiences on PolicyMap?
Deleting temporary internet files is normally done by your network or computer during scheduled maintenance or a restart. But, if PolicyMap ever behaves oddly for you, this is a good maintenance step to take on your own and give your browser a fresh start to the internet. It will not delete any important files or information on your computer.
Depending on the browser you use, there are different ways to delete your temporary internet files (also known as “clearing your cache”).
- For Google Chrome – On the top right, select the wrench icon, and select Options. In the Personal Stuff tab, click “Clear browsing data…” in the Browsing data section. A new window will open, check off “Empty the cache” and select Everything for the period of time, and finally click Clear Browsing Data. Once complete, close all windows and the browser, and reopen Google Chrome.
- For Internet Explorer 7 & 8 – On the top of your browser, go to Tools and open Internet Options. In the General tab, click Delete in Browsing history, make sure Temporary Internet files is checked off and click Delete. Once completed, close and then reopen your browser.
- For Internet Explorer 6 or below – On the top of your browser, go to Tools and open Internet Options. In the General tab, click Delete Files, if a confirmation window comes up, click OK and proceed to delete your temporary internet files. Once completed, close and then reopen your browser.
- For Mozilla Firefox – On the top of your browser, go to Tools then Clear Private Data. Make sure Cache is checked off and click Clear Private Data Now. Once complete, close and then reopen your browser.
- MAC users using Safari – Click the Options icon and select Reset Safari. Once complete, close and reopen your browser.
And, of course, if you have any questions please send us an email or give us a quick call at 1-866-923-MAPS. Read our Quick Start Guide to learn the basics of PolicyMap and jump right into using the power of data.
If you wanted to know more about a feature or topic, send your request firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Did you Know…”
The PolicyMap Team